Information and recommendations in reference to coronavirus-2019 (COVID-19) continue to develop. At The Village, we continue to stay informed and adjust services as recommended by trusted health officials.
In a time that seems ever-evolving and provides uncertainty, we want you to know, with certainty, we are dedicated to serving our residents.
It is with recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with other trusted health officials that we made the difficult decision to suspend visitors at this time. The CDC recommends social distancing as the best preventative measure, and we are supporting this practice for the safety and well-being of Village residents, employees and our community at large.
We recognize that connectivity and remaining active – mind, body and soul – are equally important aspects to the well-being of our residents. Please read below how we are adjusting services to adhere to preventative measures along with steps you can take to remain active and connected while physically distancing.
SUPPORT SERVICES & STAYING CONNECTED
Social Distancing Support Services
Social Distancing is encouraged in an effort to avoid coming into contact with coronavirus-2019. In doing so, we are offering additional support service to Village residents to include:
- Meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) delivery services
- Pharmacy pick up and delivery services
- Grocery delivery services
- Dry cleaning pick up and delivery services
- Personal shopping and delivery services
How to Stay Connected while Physically Distancing
While physically distancing yourself is encouraged, we are also encouraging Village residents to focus on their mental and emotional well-being. Here are some suggestions of what to do to stay connected while distancing yourself physically.
- MIND: Stay active with puzzles, mind games, music, and more. Village residents are receiving delivery packets of reading materials and other entertainment resources.
- BODY: Take a walk outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. Village residents are encouraged to enjoy the walking paths throughout our community. The Village has partnered with the James L. Camp YMCA to provide reduced membership rates. During this time, the YMCA is offering virtual wellness classes.
- SOUL: Prayer, Meditation and Emotional Connections are valuable to your overall well-being, particularly in stressful times. At The Village, we are encouraging and assisting to call, text or videochat family and friends. And while churches are practicing social distancing, we are encouraging residents attend services virtually or listen to local church programs aired on our local radio station.